Supervisor & Yoga Teacher
Hi. My name is Josh.
Thank you for taking the time to visit my website. I provide one-to-one psychotherapy/ counselling, supervision, yoga and regular weekly yoga classes in Leeds. Links to other practitioners, organisations and literature that might be of use to you can be found at the Links page.
In 2007, after a series of personal traumas and multiple sports injuries I found it difficult to walk. This painful period of time was the catalyst for an intensive period of learning and self-reflection. I wanted to live more peacefully and compassionately with myself and others. It ultimately involved an ongoing synthesis of Western and Eastern traditions.
I trained as a Psychotherapist/Counsellor to gain a greater understanding of psychological, emotional and behavioural states. Alongside this I trained as a Hatha Yoga Teacher and practised Buddhist meditation. These Eastern experiential practices offered a space to pause, listen and learn in an embodied way about the interplay of mind, body and breath. West and East encouraged the adoption of specific techniques. I found that when they were integrated and used they could be helpful in restoring feelings of wellbeing.
- MA Psychotherapy & Counselling. University of Leeds.
- Counselling Skills and Theory Certificate. University of Leeds
- Introduction to Art Therapy Certificate. British Association of Art Therapy
- BA(hons) Fine Art. Leeds Metropolitan University
- Yoga Teacher Diploma. British Wheel of Yoga
- Pranayama Certificate. British Wheel of Yoga
- Foundation Yoga Certificate. British Wheel of Yoga.
‘If your compassion does not include yourself,
it is not complete’.